Losing Hope: A Novel Author: | Language: English | ISBN:
B00EDOHX72 | Format: EPUB
Losing Hope: A Novel Description
Sometimes in life, in order to move forward you must face the past...
Number-one New York Times best-selling author Colleen Hoover held listeners spellbound with her novel Hopeless, the story of what happened when a troubled girl named Sky encountered a long-lost childhood friend, Dean Holder. With Holder's help, Sky uncovered shocking family secrets and came to terms with memories and emotions that had left deep scars.
Hopeless was Sky's story. Now, in Losing Hope, we finally learn the truth about Dean Holder.
Haunted by the little girl he couldn't save from imminent danger, Holder's life has been overshadowed by feelings of guilt and remorse. He has never stopped searching for her, believing that finding her would bring him the peace he needs to move on. However, Holder could not have anticipated that he would be faced with even greater pain the moment they reconnect.
In Losing Hope, Holder reveals the way in which the events of Sky's youth affected him and his family, leading him to seek his own redemption in the act of saving her. But it is only in loving Sky that he can finally begin to heal himself.
- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 10 hours and 33 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: August 13, 2013
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00EDOHX72
My review of Hopeless is a more balanced review dealing with both the emotion and the plot. This is more a treatise of the effects both Hopeless and Losing Hope had on me as a reader. The plot of Losing Hope is stellar, that is beyond question, the emotion is devastating, the characters unforgettable. The experience...read on -
There was one word that described my experience reading Hopeless and writing its review: Brutal. I didn't think anything could surpass that but Losing Hope has destroyed me. Every emotion that I drowned in whilst reading Sky's story came flooding back and swept me under until by the end I felt like I was gasping for breath and could go on no longer. Needless to say I've pretty much curled up in a ball, trying to think all the happy thoughts since then.
I actually broke down sobbing at the dinner table telling my family about the book and couldn't eat. I'm sobbing now writing this review. I knew it would be affecting after how I let Hopeless in but I honestly didn't think Holder's story would be as brutal and upsetting. To be honest for most of the book I was able to remain at a distance from the story, a curious observer. I knew what was coming so I felt prepared. I could cope with all the shocks, I had cried with Sky, I knew Holder couldn't possibly be worse, after all, he was almost an observer like me right? Wrong.
Holder's grief is palpable. A pulsing entity of pain and sadness from page one.
It took me a few days to finish Losing Hope because life kept getting all up in my damn way. And then I had to take a few more days to reflect. It's one of those books that need reflection, because you just have to find one thing that isn't beautifully perfect.
Which I couldn't do, by the way.
This was definitely a Hoover book. Not only does it completely suck you in, but the words are absolute magic. Somehow, once again, Colleen takes these simple letters and rearranges, bends, and fits them into something that is nothing less than a piece of art.
I'm sort of a self-proclaimed Will lover, or just Slammed in general. I know, you're probably wondering what the hell Will has to do with this. Well, when I read Hopeless I definitely liked it. It was well written, I liked the story, and I could see a few rereads in the future. Losing Hope?
Holy crap.
Sorry Will, you've been moved. Holder has pushed Will out, sat his ass down, and taken camp in that spot. As Holder cracks open his beer and gets comfortable, he's giving Will the "Better luck next time, buddy." look.
I can't wait to finish these next few books I have to read just so I can get back to Holder for another read.
Losing Hope begins with us meeting Holder pre-Sky. It's actually Les who we initially learn about, and Colleen does not waste any time in taking us down a notch. Oh no, this book does not begin on a high note at all. We knew it was going to happen, but damn, woman. Go big or go home, right?
We watch the fallout, and why Holder becomes the person he is. How he was forced to handle the situation, and choices he made, which all lead up to meeting Sky. This isn't short, Colleen takes her time giving us the base to Holder. And those letters?
Losing Hope: A Novel Preview
Link
Please Wait...