Your Baby and Child Author: Penelope Leach | Language: English | ISBN:
B003F3PL62 | Format: EPUB
Your Baby and Child Description
Penelope Leach's
Your Baby & Child is the most loved, trusted and comprehensive book in its field--with almost two million copies sold in America alone. Newsweek says that it is not only one of the best parenting books, but also "by far the most pleasurable to read."
This new version, completely rewritten for a new generation, encompasses the latest research and thinking on child development and learning, and reflects the realities of today's changing lifestyles and new approaches to parenting.
Penelope Leach's authoritative and practical style will reassure, encourage, inform and inspire every parent-to-be and new parent. Your Baby & Child is the baby book that responds fully to every parent's deepest concerns about the psychological and emotional as well as physical well-being of his or her children.
Dr. Leach describes--in easy-to-follow stages, from birth through starting school--what is happening to your child, what he or she is doing, experiencing and feeling. She tackles the questions parents often ask and the ones they dare not. Whether your concern is a new baby's wakefulness, a toddler's tantrums, a preschool child's shyness, aggression or nightmares, or how to time your return to work, choose day care or tell a child about a new baby or an impending divorce, the information you need to make your own decisions is right here.
From the Hardcover edition.- File Size: 51430 KB
- Print Length: 560 pages
- Publisher: Knopf; Rev Upd edition (October 30, 2013)
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003F3PL62
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #192,530 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
When I heard that I'd be a father for the first time in my life, I had mixed feelings and started to ask myself a lot of questions. One of the questions I still ask myself is very simple: The baby arrived home safely and then what? In other words, where's the documentation for the most complex entity that I'll interact for a long time? I guess it is natural to ask this kind of question because I'm a professional software developer and having been involved with computers for the last 20 years I'm used to reading some detailed documentation before and during my interaction with things that I'm not familiar with. And I'm definitely not familiar with raising a baby (having a younger brother does not count, that was about 30 years ago and I don't remember much about the basics).
When I mentioned this to Chris Stephenson, former head of computer science department of Istanbul Bilgi University whom I had the privilege to work with and the experienced father of a wonderful child, he said that there was one book which he gave as a gift to every young parent expecting a child. Based on his advice I decided to buy and read "Your Baby and Child". And I'm very glad that I did.
Some of you may think it is a little bit too early to comment on the book; yes I'm still an expecting father, our baby is yet to come but after reading this book I feel much less scared and more confident. It full of so much practical information that I do not feel the need to go out and look for another book on this topic.
Your Baby and Child Preview
Link
Please Wait...