• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Download epub books

This is a listing of over 100 sites that offer all their ebooks for free download in ePub format.

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Engineering » Download Epub Electronics For Dummies

Download Epub Electronics For Dummies

admin
Add Comment
Engineering
Saturday, November 16, 2013

Electronics For Dummies

Author: Cathleen Shamieh | Language: English | ISBN: 0470286970 | Format: PDF

Electronics For Dummies Description

From the Back Cover

Get charged up about electronics

If you're interested in how things work and want to get hands on with technology, you've come to the right place. Covering everything from the low-down on the science and equipment to the practical information you need to build exciting projects, this easy-to-follow guide will get you up and running in no time. So get reading and start putting the electricity into electronics!

  • Understand the basics – learn about electrons and find out about resistors, capacitors, inductors, conductors and more
  • Make a start – set up your workspace, learn how to read schematics and build simple breadboards

  • Get practical – create your own circuits and build fun projects such as electronic compasses, infrared detectors and electronic dice

  • Stock up – find out which parts you need for every project and where to get them in the UK and overseas

Open the book and find:

  • What electronics involves
  • Ways to harness electricity

  • How electronic components really work

  • Advice on using integrated circuits

  • Key tools and equipment for your workbench

  • How to create solderless and soldered breadboards

  • Ways to measure your circuits with multimeters and oscilloscopes

  • Key safety information

  • Top tips to help you succeed

--This text refers to the






Unknown Binding
edition.

About the Author

Cathleen Shamieh is a high-tech writer with extensive engineering and consulting experience in the fields of medical electronics, speech processing, and telecommunications. Gordon McComb writes the Robotics Resources column for SERVO Magazine, the leading hobby electronics magazine in the US.
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • Paperback: 432 pages
  • Publisher: For Dummies; 2 edition (September 22, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0470286970
  • ISBN-13: 978-0470286975
  • Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.4 x 0.9 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

Introduction 1

Part I: Understanding the Fundamentals of Electronics 7

Chapter 1: What Is Electronics and What Can It Do for You? 9

Chapter 2: Manipulating Electricity to Make Something Happen 21

Chapter 3: Meeting Up with Resistance 39

Chapter 4: Getting a Charge Out of Capacitors 65

Chapter 5: Curling Up with Coils and Crystals 91

Chapter 6: The Wide World of Semiconductors 111

Chapter 7: Packing Parts Together on Integrated Circuits 143

Chapter 8: Rounding Out Your Parts List 169

Part II: Getting Your Hands Dirty 191

Chapter 9: Setting Up Shop and Ensuring Your Safety 193

Chapter 10: Reading Schematics219

Chapter 11: Constructing Circuits 239

Chapter 12: Measuring and Analyzing Circuits 259

Chapter 13: Getting Down with Logic Probes and Oscilloscopes 281

Part III: Putting Theory into Practice 301

Chapter 14: Exploring Some Learning Circuits 303

Chapter 15: Great Projects You Can Build in 30 Minutes or Less327

Part IV: The Part of Tens 351

Chapter 16: Ten (Or So) Terrific Tips to Help You Succeed 353

Chapter 17: Ten (Or So) Great Electronics Parts Sources 363

Appendix: Internet Resources 369

Glossary 375

Index 387

Ok, so I've been looking for an electronics book that explains electronics in a way that I can understand. Not in technical terms, but in real understandable terms. Even simple concepts like a resister can become confusing for the beginner, with the way most electronics books are written... let alone tackling a concept like a transistor -- forget it. This book is unlike any other I have looked at or read. It speaks about everything in a way that seems so simple, you wonder "how could this have been complex to me?" I have to say, this author has done an astounding job of taking abstract concepts and making them real, to the point you are confident you have a solid and complete understanding. This book makes no claim to take you to the depths that a comprehensive textbook will (such as The Art of Electronics -- which this book recommends -- read bottom of page 154). However, this book does provide a solid footing, so when you pick up an advanced book, you feel in control. Things make sense. Even the things you thought you understood take on a more solid feel as you reread the sections. For the Electronics Engineering student (me), this book can make appearingly complicated and challenging subjects suddenly simple. For the complete rookie of electronics, this book will get you on your feet in no time.

If you really want to be convinced, I recommend you take full advantage of the "Search inside this book" feature here on Amazon, and search any topic that is daunting to you. This book will make feel at ease. It's so easy to read it is like a novel. I read about two hours straight the first time I picked it up and didn't even notice how long I had been at it. If you are turned off by the Dummies style, and think this book will be silly, think again.
I got this book after shopping for a good electronics text. I am studying for my Extra Class Amateur Radio exam (#3 of 3 levels). I will evaluate it from this perspective. I just didn't feel like I was understanding the electronics enough to answer questions which are in-depth and rather technical. Plus some of them contain the math formulas that I am admittedly weak in. Given that the exam covers over 700 possible questions, every bit of knowledge is good. I passed my Technician and General Class exams, but Extra is very difficult to people who don't have much of an electronics background. I have none, thus I basically tried to memorize the prior electronics questions for the exams. This time around, I want to actually understand what is happening.

Anyway, I like this book because it presents the information in a different manner than the textbook by American Radio Relay League. Don't get me wrong--ARRL writes books that teach the material word-for-word to match the questions. But, it isn't really explained to me. I didn't feel like I was getting it to the point I felt comfortable with.

Looking at them from different perspectives helps me understand it better. One reviewer commented that he didn't think it was much help on his workbench. I don't think it was meant to be a technical reference for practitioners per se. I think it serves the purpose it was written for quite well. As someone wanting a different perspective on the material, and as a pseudo-hobbyist, I really like the format. It will be the 4th book in my dummies/idiots series. I already have the GPS and Ham Radio for Dummies books, and found them quite easy to read, but also very enjoyable. That is the problem with my ARRL study books. The facts are stated in a very dry method.

Electronics For Dummies Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Download Epub Electronics For Dummies"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Calendars
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Romance
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Download epub books - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google