Real Author: Visit Amazon's Katy Evans Page | Language: English | ISBN:
1476755590 | Format: EPUB
Real Description
Review
"A rare mix of fevered obsession and gentle enchantment, REAL is a visceral and addicting debut." (Christina Lauren, author of the Beautiful Bastard series)
About the Author
Katy Evans grew up with books and book-boyfriends until she found a real sexy boyfriend to love, married him, and now they are hard at work on their own happily ever after. Katy loves her family and friends, and she also loves reading, walking, baking, and being consumed by her characters until she reaches “The End.” Which is, hopefully, only the beginning...
- Series: The REAL series
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Gallery Books (September 3, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1476755590
- ISBN-13: 978-1476755595
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.3 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.1 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
My Thoughts:
Star rating: 5 out of 5
Heat rating: you will be blushing a LOT (I suggest a fan)!
Remington Tate. I don't think I have ever crushed on a character in a book more than I did while reading REAL! I started reading this book on a road trip with my family and found myself sneaking away with my Kindle during "family" time just so I could keep reading. This book was so addicting, I had to have more and I devoured it in just a few hours. I am not a reader who re-reads books, but I WILL be re-reading this book very soon. REAL was so good that immediately after finishing, I contacted Katy Evans begging for more and asking (ok, demanding/pleading) when she was releasing more in this series. (good news there will be more).
I am totally blown away by this book and her writing. I read a LOT of books (84 so far this year alone) and hands down REAL was one of, if not the best, books I have read. Katy Evans is a DEBUT author and knocked this book out of the park. Well done, my friend, well done. I have been gushing about this book for weeks to my husband, my friends, Katy (poor thing) and all my outlets in social media. YES, it is that good (NO, I don't gush like this over every book I read, just a handful in the last year).
Words fail me about how to explain/describe this book... but trust me, if you can only buy one book this month, buy REAL. It will not disappoint. I will try to sum up the book without giving away too much, you need to read it fresh, unspoiled. (maybe not the best book to read at work/in front of family because it is HOT and will make you blush).
The book starts when Brooke Dumas was dragged to an underground fight by her best friend, Melanie.
I originally posted my review on Goodreads on March 23rd but in seeing here, though plot and character issues are discussed, there seems to little complaint about the writing, so I figured I'd post here as well.
Don't be fooled by all the 5 star reviews on this book. I'm sure there's an okay story in there, somewhere, if you don't have any problem with digging through a bunch of nonsensical crap to find it. I don't want to spend my time trying to figure out what the author means, I just want to get lost in the story and the characters.
For me this book was close to unreadable. It is riddled with bad grammar, long run-on sentences (some entire paragraphs are one long sentence) misused words galore, incorrect tenses, improper sentence structure and whole sentences that make little to no sense, at all, even if you rearranged them. Along with being poorly written, there's almost no character development and the h's inner monologue is juvenile, extremely repetitive and drags on for pages at a time.
Some examples.
"Because your smile doesn't even have any place on your face anymore." lol...whut?
"I spent extra time rubbing his deltoids, the roundest, squarest part of the shoulder." Roundest and squarest? Hmmm.
"We need to stop, sometimes we hear music, turn on the TV, or eat." Uh, I think she meant listen not hear.
"He buzzes his nose into my temple." I don't even know.
"and now he's just bouncing on his calves as if waiting for the next hit to come." He's got mad skills cause that seems impossible.
"Its hard to watch you fight but to watch you suicide yourself is..." Really? REALLY?
"She shoots some sort of tranquilizer up his IUV." It's just an IV. No U needed.
Real Preview
Link
Please Wait...