Art of the Mass Effect Universe Author: Casey Hudson | Language: English | ISBN:
B00A820UF0 | Format: PDF
Art of the Mass Effect Universe Description
The
Mass Effect trilogy is a groundbreaking epic that has immersed gamers in one of science fiction's richest universes. Now BioWare and Dark Horse are proud to invite fans deeper than ever into the
Mass Effect saga with
The Art of the Mass Effect Universe! Featuring concept art and commentary by BioWare on the games' characters, locations, vehicles, weapons, and more (including
Mass Effect 3)
The Art of the Mass Effect Universe is the most complete companion available to gaming's most compelling series!
- File Size: 73759 KB
- Print Length: 184 pages
- Publisher: Dark Horse Comics (February 8, 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00A820UF0
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #95,812 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #54
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- #54
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Pop Culture
I am a huge fan of the ME series and in addition to the game, own several of the comics and previous art books. In advance of the ME3 release, I was happy to pick up this universe art book too. The book itself is big, hard bound, and features terrific, colourful, glossy images. If you are a ME fan you are sure to enjoy this. However, since I own several other ME books I figured this review would be more useful highlighting the differences as far as I can tell.
Mass Effect 1, pages 10-59
This sections details a lot of the concept work in ME1 including the alien species and the design aesthetic, such as the vehicles, mass relays, and weapons. I have the 2007 Art of Mass Effect book that came with the Prima strategy guide and some of the content in the Universe book overlaps it. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see new content as well. Given the 170+ pages of the 2007 book they could have easily poached from it wholesale to fill 49 pages so I am very pleased they added in stuff that I hadn't seen before; quite a feat given ME1's release 5 years ago.
Mass Effect 2, pages 62-129
This section is awesome and I have been eagerly awaiting the ME2 art content for some time now. I have the Prima Collector's Edition strategy guide for ME2 that has a small art section which is disappointing, showing mostly in game shots and some 3D renders. I have the ME2 Collector's Edition art book as well, the one included in the game, 48 pages long and about the size of a 4x6 picture, give or take. This one contained more concept work of the various worlds and some of the technology, like the Normandy 2, but was also underwhelming given it's size. Thus, I was very pleased to see the content in the Universe book for ME2.
Art of the Mass Effect Universe Preview
Link
Please Wait...