Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self Author: Richard Rohr | Language: English | ISBN:
B00BG4FOA0 | Format: EPUB
Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self Description
Dissolve the distractions of ego to find our authentic selves in GodIn his bestselling book Falling Upward, Richard Rohr talked about ego (or the False Self) and how it gets in the way of spiritual maturity. But if there's a False Self, is there also a True Self? What is it? How is it found? Why does it matter? And what does it have to do with the spiritual journey? This book likens True Self to a diamond, buried deep within us, formed under the intense pressure of our lives, that must be searched for, uncovered, separated from all the debris of ego that surrounds it. In a sense True Self must, like Jesus, be resurrected, and that process is not resuscitation but transformation.
- Shows how to navigate spiritually difficult terrain with clear vision and tools to uncover our True Selves
- Written by Father Richard Rohr, the bestselling author of Falling Upward
- Examines the fundamental issues of who we are and helps us on our path of spiritual maturity
Immortal Diamond (whose title is taken from a line in a Gerard Manley Hopkins poem) explores the deepest questions of identity, spirituality, and meaning in Richard Rohr's inimitable style.
- File Size: 462 KB
- Print Length: 289 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1118303598
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 1 edition (January 2, 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BG4FOA0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #18,040 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #2
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology > Anthropology - #76
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth - #85
in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self Help
- #2
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology > Anthropology - #76
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth - #85
in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self Help
Although I've only recently become aware of the work and writing of Richard Rohr, I've been engaged in Centering Prayer for nearly a decade. Having become convinced that the psychological and spiritual foundations of this practice are profoundly valid, I have read and re-read virtually everything written by Thomas Keating, the primary proponent of this re-imagined method of developing a contemplative life for the "secular" person. One of the most valuable and vital aspects of this brilliant merging of theology, spirituality and psychology is the articulation of the human condition and the True Self/False Self conceptualization as a replacement for the more traditional language of "Original Sin".
This most recent book by Rohr is an incredibly valuable further development of these insights, and contains some absolutely priceless discussion of True Self and False Self and the applications of understanding them to our everyday circumstances. Although this book was purchased from Amazon by my husband, I literally "jumped on it" as soon as it was delivered; hence, this is not one of my own "Amazon Verified Purchases". Also, this is a quick review, designed to express my unbridled enthusiasm more than deep analysis. I will leave that for more qualified reviewers, simply saying: I LOVE it: READ it!
As I indicated at the beginning, although I haven't read as much by Richard Rohr as I have by Thomas Keating and other authors who write on the contemplative theme, I find his work extremely accessible and very much to the point.
Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self Preview
Link
Please Wait...